In today’s complex corporate IT environments, IT managers are charged with managing remote server rooms and distributed IT assets at a “clicks’ length” so that every problem is dealt in real- time, or even better, prevented through ongoing maintenance. This calls for a real-time, On-Demand Remote Access solution that provides IT with secure, simple yet cost-effective management of the ever-growing list of remote access connections and protocols being used.
Minicom’s line of Remote server access management solutions aim to dramatically Increase IT efficiency, to save on IT costs and to simplify the daily workload of the IT staff by:
- Tighter security – avoid unwanted access to IT assets, centrally manage and log all activity
- Enforced uniformity – One for all, IT staff all operate through same web interface
- Open platform eco-system – Avoid dreaded vendor lock-in and integrate your choice of 3rd party KVM, Power or Serial device into the system
- On-Demand Remote Access – assign multiple access protocols to same target, whether In-band or OOB. Solve problems on the spot, in the most efficient manner
- Real Needs – Maximize past investments, Minicom’s industry leading Real Needs™ approach allows you to upgrade and repurpose running legacy KVM systems and to avoid costly replacements
Minicom offers Remote access management solutions for the enterprise IT and for the midsized IT (up to 250 targets), AccessIT.
Solving the need to manage remote access
In today’s complex corporate IT environments, IT managers are charged with managing remote server rooms and distributed IT assets at a “clicks’ length” so that every problem is dealt in real- time, or even better, prevented through ongoing maintenance. This calls for a secure, simple yet cost-effective solution to manage the ever-growing list of remote access connections and protocols used by the IT administrator and his staff.
Enhancing the level of IT service
AccessIT is a secure web-based, centralized remote access management solution that enhances IT efficiency and productivity in organizations. AccessIT consolidates all remote access services into a single session, thus providing the IT staff with critical on-demand remote access to all IT assets, regardless of their physical location.
AccessIT is targeted at mid-sized organizations with up to 250 servers and network devices, and with less than 10 IT personnel that are in charge of the daily management, maintenance, monitoring and control of the company’s mission critical IT assets. AccessIT Enterprise Edition is designed for larger organizations, and can accommodate more than 250 servers and network devices and more than 20 users. The organization can be in one or more locations (HQ + branch offices).
Providing the Real Needs™ of IT
Minicom’s unique, open platform architecture provides a single portal to access and control ALL IT hardware (including servers, console servers, PDUs, and network devices) regardless of manufacturer, providing significant cost savings for past and future investments. By embracing IT products from a wide range of vendors, AccessIT enables organizations to leverage their existing IT equipment, knowledge, and training.
AccessIT supports a wide range of vendors of PDUs, such as APC, Black Box, CyberSwitching, Geist, Dell, Eaton, HP, and Server Technology, and a large selection of vendors of console servers, such as Cyclades (Avocent), Digi International, Aten, Perle Systems Limited, and OpenGear. AccessIT also supports industry-leading, in-band and out-of-band remote access services, including: RDP, VNC, VMware, SSH, Telnet, HP iLO, KVM IP, and any proprietary web-based or customized applications. In addition AccessIT:
- Integrates in-band and out-of-band access
- Combines access and power
- Manages access & control of heterogeneous environments
- Maximizes tools that have already been deployed
- Overcomes implementation challenges
- Increases operational efficiency while maintaining security
- 3 year warranty
Features & Benefits
|Open platform system||
|Streamlined workflow for administrators||
|Fast installation and learning curve||
- Download Minicom AccessIT Brochure
- Download Minicom Remote KVM Access White Paper
- Download Minicom Data Center Efficiency and Security White Paper
- Watch Minicom Data Center Remote AccessIT Management Solution Video
To learn more about PTS’ IT Consulting Services, contact us or visit: