A key component of the Cisco® Secure Borderless Network, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances delivers superior scalability, a broad span of technology and solutions, and effective, always-on security designed to meet the needs of an array of deployments. By integrating the world’s most proven firewall; a comprehensive, highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS) with Cisco Global Correlation and guaranteed coverage; and a high-performance VPN, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series helps organizations provide secure, high performance connectivity and protects critical assets for maximum productivity.
Offering seamless client and clientless access for a broad spectrum of desktop and mobile platforms, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers versatile, always-on secure mobility integrated with web security and IPS for a comprehensive solution. Unlike most security providers that force you to choose between a high-quality firewall and an effective intrusion prevention system (IPS), Cisco combines the world’s most proven firewall with the industry’s most comprehensive, effective IPS for a powerful security solution.
Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances provide:
- Context-aware firewall capabilities
- Proven firewall services
- Comprehensive real-time threat defense
- Effective, always-on, highly secure remote access
- Highly secure communication services
These solutions help reduce deployment and operational costs while delivering comprehensive network security for networks of all sizes.
- The Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers superior real-time protection: Integrating innovative IPS with Global Correlation, firewall, and VPN technology, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers highly effective intrusion prevention capabilities using hardware-accelerated IPS modules. And Cisco guaranteed coverage delivers peace of mind.
- Site-to-site VPN: Using the hardware-accelerated site-to-site IPsec VPN capabilities provided by the Cisco ASA 5500 Series, businesses can securely augment or even replace legacy WANs by using low-cost Internet connections and IPsec VPN tunnels to connect to business partners and to remote and satellite offices worldwide.
- Secure mobility: The Cisco ASA 5500 Series offers flexible technologies that deliver tailored solutions to suit connectivity and secure mobility requirements for company-managed assets such as desktops, laptops and smartphones, as well as unmanaged devices such as Internet kiosks or employee-owned desktops, laptops and handhelds. The Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers both clientless and SSL/DTLS/IPsec VPN secure mobility client options.
- Secure unified communications: The Cisco ASA 5500 Series provides extensive protocol support, signaling and media inspection, remote office and mobile user support, and simple provisioning to enable a secure, integrated voice and data network.
Features & Benefits
|Advanced intrusion prevention services with guaranteed coverage||With real-time reputation technology, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series IPS with Global Correlation is twice as effective as legacy IPS and includes guaranteed coverage for greater peace of mind. It protects against a wide range of threats, including worms, application-layer attacks, operating-system-level attacks, rootkits, spyware, peer-to-peer file sharing, and instant messaging for both IPv6 and IPv4 networks.|
|Industry-leading content security services||With the Cisco ASA 5500 Series, customers have their choice of on-box threat protection and content control based on Trend Micro technology, or a proven off-box solution with the Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliance. Both solutions provide comprehensive antivirus, antispyware, file blocking, antispam, antiphishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering services Offers a high performance Unified Threat Management (UTM) solution based on a proprietary technology platform, FortiASICs, and FortiOS.|
|Secure mobility||The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility solution provides business employees and partners with ubiquitous, highly secure access to enable employee mobility, enhance collaboration and improve productivity, while protecting the company’s resources and data from web-based threats and data leakage by enforcing acceptable use policies.|
|Unified communications||The Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers secure access by enabling protection for voice, video, and multimedia traffic. Businesses can securely take advantage of the improved productivity and lower operational costs of a Cisco Unified Communications solution.|
|Comprehensive management and monitoring services||Several elements round out a rich complement of management options: with Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM), a comprehensive CLI, verbose syslog, and support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). Cisco Security Manager supports distributed deployments of up to 500 devices.|
- Download the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Firewall Solution Overview – Large Enterprises
- Download the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Business Edition Solution Overview – Small and Midsize Businesses
- Download the Customer Quick Reference Guide – Security Solutions
- Download the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances Data Sheet
- Download the Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL / IPsec VPN Edition Data Sheet
To learn more about PTS recommended Network Security and Unified Threat Management for enterprise network security, contact us or visit:
Unified Threat Management (in alphabetical order)
Firewalls (in alphabetical order)
Spam Filtering (in alphabetical order)
To learn more about PTS consulting services to support Data Center Consulting, Data Center Management, and Enterprise IT Consulting, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Data Center Server Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Storage Area Network (SAN) and Data Protection Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Virtualization Strategies & Assessments
- Data Center Relocation Evaluation & Planning
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- IT Managed Services