Computer Room Management activities have increased as these facilities become more sophisticated with more large-scale deployments of facilities infrastructure devices and IT network equipment. Deployment densities, power densities, cooling requirements, and other facility supporting infrastructure as well as IT infrastructure requirements impact the ability for facility and IT operational managers to effectively control and maintain the computer room.
As Computer Room Management becomes a more complex and challenging problem, manufacturers of computer room management software have released improved solutions which can, in certain instances, integrate with building management systems. These comprehensive management solutions fall into a variety of categories including:
- Asset Management. Provide database tracking of IT and/or support (facility) infrastructure assets which may or may not include auto discovery and change management
- Asset Location Management. Provide automated physical location tracking of IT and/or support (facility) infrastructure assets.
- Real-Time Monitoring. Provide hardware and/or software for automated real-time data capture of temperature, humidity, power, security, leak detection, camera surveillance, etc.
- Energy Management. Provide automated real-time data analysis of energy usage for IT and/or supporting infrastructure resulting in PUE trending.
- Capacity Planning. Provide real-time data analysis for space, power, and cooling capacity planning.
- Optimization Management. Provide IT performance versus available resource analysis.
- Documentation Management. Provide online document retention, management, and control.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Modeling. Provide dynamic airflow and temperature modeling for predictive analysis of cooling systems performance.
- Maintenance Management. Provide maintenance management including scheduling, service history, entitlement tracking, cost analysis, etc.
- Power Connectivity Management. Provide power connectivity management in device hierarchical manner.
- Data Connectivity Management. Provide data connectivity management in device hierarchical manner.
Learn More about these Computer Room Management solutions here.
PTS’s DCMMS solution tracks infrastructure maintenance schedules, provides operators with necessary activities to maintain devices, keeps track of assets, spare parts, and work orders related to maintenance. Once work orders related to preventive maintenance are completed, they can be reviewed for accuracy by service management and accessed during follow-on preventive maintenance schedules. Ultimately, computer room managers can avoid unnecessary downtime by adhering to best practices and manufacturer recommended preventive maintenance schedules
To learn more about PTS recommended Data Center Management or DCIM Solutions, contact us or visit (in alphabetical order):
- APC Data Center InfraStruxure Management Software
- nlyte 6.0 Data Center Infrastructure Management Solution
- No Limits Software Rack Management Platform (RaMP)
- Raritan dcTrack
- Trellis Data Center Infrastructure Management Platform
To learn more about the PTS Data Center Maintenance Management Software (DCMMS) Solution, visit the DCMMS home page or one of the links below:
- Data Center Managed Maintenance (DCMM) Service
- Data Center Management
- Computer Room Management
- Server Room Management
- IT Infrastructure Management
- Facility Maintenance Software
- Maintenance Management
- Data Center Maintenance
- Computer Room Maintenance
- Server Room Maintenance
- Data Center Site Cleaning
- UPS Maintenance Management
- Generator Maintenance Management
- Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) Maintenance Management
- Support Infrastructure Equipment Services
Additional DCMMS Links
- Maintenance Management Software
- Data Center Facility Maintenance
- Computer Room Facility Maintenance
- Server Room Facility Maintenance
- Data Center Management Software
Learn more about the PTS Data Center Maintenance Management (DCMM) Service, a complete & integrated managed solution for the operational maintenance of data center sites, from stand-alone data center facilities to tenant-space computer rooms, and their related support infrastructure.