PTS Data Center Solutions innovative patent-pending technology couples a series of 8 temperature sensors with an array of high intensity LEDs. This design provides the appearance of a “live” CFD by visually displaying a range of cool (blue) to hot (red) and a blend of 129 colors in between.
The Aurora is the perfect self-policing, real-time troubleshooting tool to clearly identify potential cooling or heat-related issues. Data Centers are dynamic environments, so the instantaneous feedback is invaluable when monitoring changes or validating best-practice improvements.
Aurora is extremely accurate because it measures air temperature, not surface temperature. The 3 User-Selectable Sensitivity Settings allow you to fine tune the monitored temperature range of the full 129-color spectrum. Because temperature is monitored over the entire height of the cabinet, Aurora is perfect for Aisle Containment and areas susceptible to temperature stratification.
Optional Wireless Communication and Management Interface enables the temperature readings for all 8 sensors per strip to be captured for trending and alerting purposes.
|Scalable||Highly scalable and applicable for SMB to Enterprise data centers|
|Flexible||Works on virtually any cabinet 40U or higher|
|Easy to deploy||Easy to deploy and relocate – up and running in minutes|
|Self Policing||Easily identify need for blanking panels, self policing mechanism|
|Improve data center efficiency||Sensitivity settings enable ability to fine-tune supply temperatures, making the data center more efficient|
|AC Power||Integrated power plug so no need for batteries|
|Improve rack compliance||Great tool for Co-location/Hosting and SLA compliance|
|DCIM ready||Cost-effective add-on monitoring for any Data Center Infrastructure Management project|
8 temperature sensors are spaced 8” apart offering ample coverage for traditional cabinet doors or open frame racks. Sensors start 4.5” from bottom of unit and end at 60.5”.
- Temperature sensors are thermally isolated to read air temperature and not the mounting surface or internal circuitry temperature, ensuring accurate air temperature readings.
- 64 color-changing LED lights represent temperature readings through a broad spectrum of 129 colors.
- 3 user-selectable temperature sensitivity ranges that allow the Aurora to be used in a wide variety of customer environments.
- Adjacent color gradients are smoothed between varying temperature sensors readings.
- Mounts to the face or door of any style cabinet 40U or higher
- Physical Dimensions: 69.38”L x 1.75”W x 0.45”T
- Auto-Switching Power Supply for 100V-240V operation. Select 5-15P Input cord for 100-120V operation or C14 Input cord for 200-240V operation.
- Electrical Load: Approximately 15W
- Optional wireless communications
Wireless Monitoring System
The Aurora monitoring and notification system dedicated to your wireless sensors allows for complete configuration and customization at a sensor, local network, or client wide level through our unique online sensor software. You have full control without the hassle of maintaining a server system.
System includes notification via SMS text and email
- Accessible via Internet from anywhere
- Unlimited Aurora sensor data storage and trending
- Aurora highest temperature trending charts
- Aurora complete sensor data history
- Aurora sensor data can be exported to a .CSV file
- Notification and system access reporting
- The Aurora Hosted Monitoring maintains servers so you don’t have to
- Unlimited user accounts for system configuration, monitoring and notifications
- Sensor heartbeats (check-ins) down to 10 minutes
- Timed sensors (i.e. temp) can be user set to check against alert thresholds up to 256 times between heartbeats
- Triggered sensors (i.e. motion, door/window, etc.) record data as it happens, regardless of heartbeat
- Advanced sensor configuration options
- Automatic Sensor Recovery Attempts
- Sensor Inactivity Alerts
- Sub Heartbeat Assessments with Alert Thresholds
- Sensor Aware State Reporting
- SMS text and email notifications sent from the system when sensor thresholds are exceeded
- Sensor Mapping Tool
- API commands for integrating into 3rd party applications
Sensor Mapping Tool
Have you ever forgotten where you placed something? We understand that building a sensor network takes time and effort to place your sensors where they are most effective while maintaining the ability to transmit reliably. Our system gives you the ability to upload a building schematic or blueprint and map out where sensors are placed. By clicking on the sensor graphics within this tool you have immediate access to the sensors last reading and configuration data.
- Upload any graphic in jpg, gif or png format
- Sensors on map allow single click access to sensor information
- Multiple maps can be created (ex. multiple floors buildings)
Learn more about the PTS Aurora Wireless Temperature Monitoring Strip as well as other solutions and services for your Data Center Monitoring Requirements by contacting PTS or visiting:
- PTS Aurora Brochure
- Data Center Wireless Environmental & Power Monitoring
- Facility Monitoring, Management (DCIM) & Control Systems
- Asset Management
- Data Center Management (DCIM)
- Data Center Maintenance Management
- Data Center Planning & Pre-Design Services
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis Services
- Data Center Feasibility Consulting
- Data Center Project Cost Estimating
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Monitoring