Fortinet pioneered an innovative, high performance network security solution that addresses the fundamental problems of an increasingly bandwidth-intensive network environment and a more sophisticated IT threat landscape. They are a leading provider of network security appliances and the market leader in Unified Threat Management, or UTM. Fortinet’s sole focus is on IT security innovation and developing new solutions that help our customers stay ahead of emerging threats. Through products and subscription services, Fortinet provides broad, integrated and high performance protection against dynamic security threat while simplifying the IT security infrastructure for enterprises, service providers and government entities worldwide. As a result, many of the world’s largest and most successful organizations rely on Fortinet.
- Download Fortinet Family Data Sheet
- Download Fortinet PCI Compliance Assessment Readiness White Paper
- Download IDC/Gartner/Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Comparison
- Watch Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Version 3.0 Product Demo Video
- Watch FortiGate 3950B and BreakingPoint Performance Test Video
Features & Benefits
|Accelerated, high performance unified threat management.||Offers a high performance Unified Threat Management (UTM) solution based on a proprietary technology platform, FortiASICs, and FortiOS.|
|High quality security functionality.||A broad set of integrated, high quality security functions enables the most sophisticated and demanding end customers to avoid the shortcomings of a traditionally fragmented security point product infrastructure.|
|Lower total cost of ownership.||By consolidating security functionality, reducing network complexity, integrating high performance capabilities and centralizing management functions, the UTM solution is designed to lower our end customers’ total cost of ownership compared to multiple point products.|
|Superior flexibility and ease of deployment.||The UTM solution enables end-customers to activate additional security functions and subscription services on an on-demand basis as their security needs evolve.|
|Dedicated, real-time security intelligence.||Through subscription services, a FortiGuard Global Threat Research Team of over 100 professionals is able to provide real time security intelligence 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year by enabling rapid updates to our end-customers’ security products.|
|Broad, end-to-end security protection.||Offers a broad range of appliances and software to help end-customers defend against a myriad of security threats throughout the organization.|
Fortinet’s comprehensive portfolio of security gateways and complementary products offers a powerful blend of ASIC-accelerated performance, integrated multi-threat protection, and constantly-updated, in-depth threat intelligence. This unique combination delivers the highest level of network, content, and application security for enterprises of all sizes, managed service providers, and telecommunications carriers, while reducing total cost of ownership and providing a flexible, scalable path for expansion.
FortiGate: Unified Threat Management
Delivers comprehensive protection against sophisticated network, content, and application-level threats without degrading performance or availability.
- Large Enterprise/Service Provider: Up to 182 Gbps firewall throughput
- Enterprise: Up to 44 Gbps firewall throughput
- SOHO/SMB: Up to 500 Mbps firewall throughput
FortiManager: Centralized Management
Effectively manage any size Fortinet security infrastructure, from a few devices to thousands of appliances and end-point security agents.
- Manages up to 4,000 Fortinet network devices
FortiAnalyzer: Centralized Analysis and Reporting
Centralized logging, analyzing, and reporting from multiple Fortinet devices, as well as vulnerability assessments and event correlation.
- Analyzes up to 5,000 logs/second
FortiMail: Secure Messaging
Advanced antispam and antivirus filtering capabilities, with extensive quarantine and archiving capabilities.
- Provides antispam and AV filtering of up to 1.1 million messages/hour
FortiCarrier: Service Provider
Extend FortiGate integrated security protection to critical applications across a service provider’s IP network.
- Delivers up to 182 Gbps firewall throughput
FortiWeb: Application Firewall
Web application and XML firewalls to protect, balance, and accelerate web applications, databases, and the information exchanged between them.
- Inspects up to 22,000 HTTP transactions/second
FortiDB: Database Security
Delivers vulnerability assessment, monitoring and auditing capabilities to harden databases and track the flow of information within them.
- Protects up to 60 database instances
FortiScan: Vulnerability Management
Provides end-point vulnerability management, asset compliance evaluation, patch management remediation, auditing and reporting.
- Scans up to 2,000 agents up to 60 database instances
FortiSwitch: Gigabit Switching
Delivers wire speed, resilient, scalable, ultra-low latency fabrics with Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and 10 GbE switching platforms.
- Delivers up to 2.9 Tbps switch throughput
FortiAPFortiAP: Secure Wireless Access
Enables comprehensive, proven threat management and policy enforcement for wireless and wired networks.
- Integrated WLAN protection, managed from a single console
FortiClient & FortiMobile: Remote Security
FortiClient PC™ and FortiClient Mobile™ provide comprehensive, dynamic security for personal computers, mobile laptops, and smartphones.
- Extends Fortinet’s security expertise to endpoint devices
To learn more about PTS recommended Network Security and Unified Threat Management for enterprise network security, contact us or visit:
Unified Threat Management (in alphabetical order)
Firewalls (in alphabetical order)
Spam Filtering (in alphabetical order)
To learn more about PTS consulting services to support Data Center Consulting, Data Center Management, and Enterprise IT Consulting, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Services
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- IT Implementation Services
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services
- Raised Floor Cooling Analysis
- The Challenges of Data Center Cooling
- Help With High Density Cooling
- Data Center Feasibility Analysis
- Data Center Site Assessment
- Thermography Assessment Service
- PTS Virtualization Strategies & Assessments
- IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Data Center Routing and Switching Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Server Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Storage Area Network (SAN) and Data Protection Planning & Feasibility