The ExaGrid system is a cost effective and scalable disk-based backup solution that works with your existing backup application. ExaGrid combines high quality SATA drives, compression, byte-level data deduplication and a scalable GRID architecture for fast, reliable and secure backups and restores at 30 percent the cost of standard SATA storage. ExaGrid’s disk backup solution helps IT departments comply with new, stringent compliance regulations surrounding data retention and security.
ExaGrid’s disk-based backup with deduplication product line revolutionizes how organizations backup and protect their data. By leveraging your current backup application and replacing tape in your nightly backup process, ExaGrid’s simple, turnkey appliance can:
- Reduce the disk space required by at least 10:1, and up to 50:1
- Shorten your backup window by 30-90%, ensuring all of your data is fully protected
- Improve your disaster recovery plan through off-site disk-based retention of your data
- Reduce the amount of time your IT staff spends on managing backups
- Scale easily and cost-effectively with your data growth
- Fully protect your virtualized environment
- Reduce other costs associated with tape-based backup
ExaGrid’s disk backup appliances work seamlessly with the industry’s leading backup applications, and the appliance typically installs in about one hour. The product line’s six appliance models can combined into a GRID configuration for environments of up to 100TB.
|Each model is rated for a full backup size plus months of retention. For example, a 5TB ExaGrid server (EX5000) can store a 5TB full backup (5TB of primary data) plus up to 16 weeks of retention/history. If a 100TB system is required, then ten EX10000Es are used and virtualize into a single, GRID-based system.|
Because of ExaGrid’s unique Landing Zone Architecture, each model has roughly twice the amount of useable disk to the size of the full backup it can land and store.
ExaGrid appliances are comprised of Intel Quad Core XEON processors, enterprise SATA drives, RAID 6 hot spare, and ExaGrid software. Since each appliance includes the appropriate amount processor, memory, disk and GigE for the data size, as each server is plugged into the switch and virtualized into the GRID, performance is maintained and backup times do not increase as data is added. This combination of capabilities in a turn-key appliance makes the ExaGrid system easy to install, manage, and scale.
- Download ExaGrid EX Series Overview
- Download ExaGrid EX Series Detailed Product Overview
- Download ExaGrid EX Series Technical Specification EX1000 to EX5000
- Download ExaGrid EX Series Technical Specification EX10000E
- Watch American Standard Customer Case Study Video
- Watch Johnson Memorial Hospital Customer Case Study Video
Features and Benefits
|Post-process Deduplication Provides Faster Backups and Restores||
|Reduces the Amount of Stored Data||
In addition to single site, ExaGrid supports multi-site topologies. Each site can act as a data backup target for storage of local backups. In addition, each site can transfer just the changed bytes over the wide area network (WAN) to an off-site location so that the off-site location can perform data recovery if the local site is lost. By deduplicating the data at the primary site before transferring it over the WAN, network bandwidth is reduced by as much as 50:1, thus making disk-based offsite backup and offsite tape replacement economically practical for many IT organizations.
This support is bi-directional allowing systems used as off-site repositories to also act as local targets for data backups at those sites. With two-site configurations, it is very common to have both systems act as a local data backup target and to cross-protect each other by replicating the local data to the opposing site. With multi-site topologies, a centrally located site may cross protect with one of the other locations for long-term retention and disaster recovery for the central site backup data.
To learn more about PTS’ Storage Consulting Services, visit:
- Storage Consolidation Consulting Service
- Storage & Data Protection Needs Analysis
- Storage & Data Protection Site Surveys
- Storage & Data Protection Assessment Services
- Storage & Data Protection Planning and Technology Roadmaps
- Storage & Data Protection Systems Design
- Storage & Data Protection Systems Implementation