InfraStruxure InRow RP DX Air Cooled Data Center Cooling Solutions provide high capacity precision air conditioning to maximize cooling for high efficiency operation. Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture. The in-row concept closely couples cooling with the heat load, preventing exhaust air recirculation to sensitive IT equipment. An energy-efficient design lowers total cost of ownership by monitoring IT equipment inlet temperatures and modulating capacity based on the demand for cooling. Fan speed is controlled based on the demand to reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods. The modular and scalable solution improves agility by enabling data center operations the ability to add cooling as demand increases, making the InRow RP ideal for small to large data centers.
- Electric Reheat: Prevents overcooling during dehumidification.
- Humidifier: Humidity is managed through a self-contained steam canister humidifier for maximum efficiency and ease of maintenance. The pure steam canister maintains consistent capacity output, and requires very little or no scheduled maintenance.
- Containment system compatible: The unit can be combined with a Rack or Hot Aisle Containment System to eliminate hot air mixing and maximize cooling efficiency.
- Room Air Distribution: Row-based systems are placed in line with rack enclosures. At least one system is used per hot aisle. Air is drawn in through the rear of the system, cooled, and discharged into the cold aisle, thereby neutralizing the sensible heating effects of the data processing equipment. The unit delivers high volumes of airflow to eliminate hot spots in densely populated environments.
- Variable speed fans: The unit is equipped with variable speed, electrically commutated, 400-mm (15.8-in) backward incline, direct drive fans. The chilled water unit is equipped with three fans while the air-cooled unit has two. In order to provide uniform airflow over the cooling coil, the fans provide a draw-through air pattern. Fans are easily serviced in the field.
- Microprocessor controller: The microprocessor controller is standard on each system. The controller provides precision control for the demanding requirements of:
- Computer rooms
- Telecommunication facilities
- Clean rooms
- Power equipment
- Medical equipment rooms
- LAN/WAN environments
Features & Benefits
|Predictable cooling||Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture.|
|Rack Inlet Temperature Control||Reduces the risk of hot spots at the rack level|
|Active response controls||Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.|
|Total Cost of Ownership|
|Variable speed fans||Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.|
|In-Row architecture||Captures hot exhaust air directly from the IT equipment, thereby increasing the unit’s sensible cooling capacity over traditional cooling architectures.|
|Modular design||Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.|
|Scalable densities||Allows for higher cooling to be achieved by integrating the Hot Aisle Containment System with row-based architecture.|
|Easy service access||Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced / maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.|
|Microprocessor controller||Utilizes intelligent, active response control, and real-time monitoring. The system is controlled by a microprocessor providing high level control functionality and human interface via a four line, eighty character, alphanumeric display.|
|Building Management System Integration||Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.|
|Real-Time Capacity Monitoring||Real-time display of current and available cooling.|
To learn more about PTS Data Center Solutions available to support your Data Center Management and Monitoring needs, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services