Switchable “smart” glass is a pane of glass that either contains a layer of electrodes within the glass, or has a separate layer of film (with electrodes) applied to an existing pane. Upon receiving a small charge to the electrode layer, the glass is then able to change from clear to opaque with the flick of a switch. No need for blinds, shades, or curtains; control how much or how little daylight you want to let in, depending on the need at hand.
This type of glass instantly redefines environments, creating multi-functional spaces that can be designed to adapt to the changing needs of a wide variety of users. Anywhere that instant, switchable privacy may be sought or where daylight needs to be easily controlled, switchable glass is the solutions, all while offering the flexibility of returning the glass to a clear state.
Switchable glass comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and composition. Glass can be manufactured to meet your specific project’s unique specifications.
Move Cursor Over Image to See Switchable Glass Effect
Common Applications for Switchable Smart Glass Technology
To learn more about our solutions, Contact PTS or visit a link below:
- PTS Physical Security Solutions
- Data Center Server Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Storage Area Network (SAN) and Data Protection Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Virtualization Strategies & Assessments
- Data Center Relocation Evaluation & Planning
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- IT Managed Services
- PTS Routing and Switching Solutions