Data center managers across the county are discovering that AirBlock curtains and strip doors are ideal for use in computer data centers where hot-aisle/cold-aisle containment is important. Hot-aisle /cold-aisle design is the data center best practice where server racks are lined up in alternating rows with cold-air intakes all facing one aisle and hot-air exhausts facing the other. Cool air is vented into the cold air aisles, directed through the computer racks, and into the warm air aisles.
By further separating the hot and cold air aisles with AirBlock curtains and strip doors, managers can effectively separate cold air aisles from warm air aisles, directing cool air where it is needed most in the data center: through the computer racks. Additionally, a study by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory finds facilities that use curtains or partitions to direct airflow in data centers “can save energy on both air conditioning and fan systems – 15% and 67%, respectively
- Save energy! AirBlock™ data center curtains and partitions save energy on air conditioning by as much as 15% and up to 67% on fans. Protect your mission critical operations.
- Maximize airflow dynamics and increase the effectiveness of your hot aisle/cold aisle isolation
- Simplex’s complete line of AirBlock™ data center curtains, modular partitions, ceilings, strip doors and mountings offers solutions for any data center configuration
- Specially formulated vinyl and non-vinyl materials include Polysim 509, a low outgassing, static-dissipative polyurethane that meets ASTM and NFPA fire retardancy requirements
- Hardware is designed so that curtains fall away in the case of a fire, allowing sprinklers full operating range
- Check with your regional electrical utility about energy-saving rebates that can help offset the cost of your system
AirBlock™ data center curtains, and all Simplex materials, are made from virgin materials to provide extra clear transparency and protection against yellowing and cracking
Easy Mounting and Assembly
Simplex offers patented mounting systems, including this t-bar ceiling clip that attaches easily and quickly to your existing ceiling grid with no need for drilling. Other options include bi-folding curtains and standard swing and sliding door systems
Data Center Hardwall Enclosures
AirBlock™ hardwall enclosures offer another energy-saving solution for separating hot and cold air aisles. Hardwalls are an excellent solution for high traffic data centers or those frequently visited by VIP personnel.
To learn more about PTS consulting services to support Air Conditioning Equipment & Systems deployments and support, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Services
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services
- Raised Floor Cooling Analysis
- The Challenges of Data Center Cooling
- Help With High Density Cooling