The Ruckus ZoneFlex 2942 is the most affordable 802.11g Wi-Fi access point (AP) that delivers advanced features and functionality not available in any low-end consumer AP or high-end WLAN system.
ZoneFlex 2942 offers features and functions not available in any low-end consumer access point (AP) or high-end wireless LAN (WLAN) system. Yet, surprisingly, it’s one of the industry’s most cost-effective 802.11g wireless solution. Go figure! It supports Smart Mesh Networking, to streamline complex deployment headaches and eliminate running Ethernet cabling to every access point. This cuts down on operational overhead, making it ideal for hotels, schools, airports, and enterprises everywhere.
Each ZoneFlex 2942 integrates Ruckus-patented BeamFlex™ smart antenna technology that enables consistent, high performance, extended coverage and multimedia support as it automatically tunes itself to adapt to constant changes in the environment. This means fewer APs, more satisfied users, and a cost-effective system that can be installed anywhere by wireless novices.
Deployed individually, or as a system centrally managed by the Ruckus ZoneDirector™ Smart WLAN family of controllers, the Ruckus ZoneFlex 2942 can be deployed with or without Ethernet cabling. Support for Ruckus Smart Mesh Networking streamlines costly and complex deployment headaches, eliminating the need to run Ethernet cabling to every access point. This minimizes operational overhead, making the ZoneFlex 2942 ideal for hotels, schools, airports and enterprises everywhere.
The ZoneFlex 2942 is also perfect for hot spot operators that want to deliver business-class hot-spot services — such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video or secure enterprise access. A web-based wizard allows any computer user to configure the ZoneFlex 2942 through the ZoneDirector — creating a secure and sophisticated WLAN in a matter of minutes. The Ruckus ZoneFlex 2942 simply plugs into any Ethernet network and automatically discovers the ZoneDirector. No RF tuning. No client configuration. A true plug-and-play multimedia WLAN that is ready to use, stable and high performing.
Self-Adjusting, High-Performance BeamFlex Smart Antenna Technology
- Automatically adapts to constant changes in the environment
- Steers Wi-Fi signals to the best route
- Enables high performance, extended coverage, and multimedia support
- Physical antenna gain of 3 dBi
- Up to an additional 4 dB in BeamFlex gain and 10 dB in interference mitigation
Easy to Configure and Deploy
- Can be used by non-IT person to create a sophisticated, plug-and-play, multimedia WLAN in minutes
- No RF tuning or client configuration required
- Web-based wizard enables easy configuration through ZoneDirector
Perfect for Hotzone Operators
- Ideal for delivering business-class hot zone services, such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video, or secure enterprise access
- Dual-polarized directional antenna system provides stable connectivity to any Wi-Fi-enabled handheld device
- Flicker-free support for concurrent video streams and voice over Wi-Fi calls
|Best-in-class user performance and density for 802.11g||Advanced antenna array and Quality of Service (QoS) software delivers 20 concurrent voice calls, 100 simultaneous data users or 20 Mbps of guaranteed user throughput for a 5,000 square foot facility|
|Extended coverage means fewer APs||Directional, high-gain antennas dynamically combine to give hotspot operators and enterprises two- to four-times the coverage over typical consumer and enterprise APs|
|No RF expertise required||Smart antenna array eliminates AP placement issues and minimizes adjacent AP interference|
|Channel Selection Optimizes throughput||ChannelFly dynamic management, based on throughput measurements, not just interference, chooses the best channel to give users the highest throughput|
|Optimized for Voice Over Wi-Fi||Specialized antenna design, dynamic signal path selection and precision QoS software optimize delay-sensitive, high density Voice-over-Wi-Fi (VoFi) applications. Power Save (UAPSD) maximizes handset battery life|
|“IT lite” configuration and management||Web-based wizard enables configuration of multiple Aps across the entire WLAN in minutes. Once configured, the WLAN manages itself|
|Smart mesh networking streamlines costly and complex deployment||Integrated Smart Mesh Networking technology automates deployment, eliminates the need to run Ethernet cables to every Smart Wi-Fi access point|
|Hassle free migration to higher speed Wi-Fi||Support for standard 802.3af Power over Ethernet allows enterprises to use existing PoE switches without costly upgrades|
|Enables business class hotspot services||New revenue opportunities are available for operators such as (VoFi) services, extended enterprise access, IP video applications and tiered service classes|
- Ruckus ZoneDirector 1100 WLAN Brochure
- Ruckus ZoneFlex 2942 Wireless Access Point Brochure
- Ruckus ZoneFlex 7300 Series Wireless Access Point Brochure
- Ruckus ZoneFlex At A Glance Spec Sheet
- Ruckus ZoneFlex 7300 Series At A Glance Spec Sheet
- Ruckus FlexMaster Management Software Data Sheet
- Making Wireless LANs Work Reliably and Cost Effectively White Paper
- Ruckus Queen Mary Case Study