Packet Power’s energy monitoring solutions are highly accurate and simple to deploy. They provide device or rack level monitoring & trending without having to change out power supplies or PDU’s. Armed with the insight the system provides, companies can:
- Reduce overall power consumption
- Quantify the savings achieved from energy reduction efforts such as server decommissioning, virtualization, upgrading to energy-efficient devices, and storage consolidation.
- Accurately identify power requirements for data center consolidations
- Minimize spending on power conditioning infrastructure
- Accurately charge for power consumption by customer, application area, etc.
- Improve performance against industry efficiency benchmarks such as PUE
- Achieve corporate energy conservation initiatives
The solutions provide true, real-time visibility and accountability of power usage within your data center infrastructure. The system works in any size facility or set of facilities, whether a remote closet, dozens of spread-out facilities or a 1000-cage data center.
Packet Power products are extremely simple to deploy and effectively invisible. All billing-quality power monitoring hardware is built into standard equipment power supply cables. All standard cable connector configurations (C13/C14, C19/C20 etc.) as well as voltages and current loads are available. Its data collection network automatically supports thousands of devices in a single facility, is configuration-free, entirely wireless, secure and operates independently of any Wi-Fi or other networking infrastructure. All information gathered by our system and all advanced monitoring, billing and management functions are accessible via the web or e-mail. All of this is available without any additional hardware or software. All information generated by Packet Power solutions can be integrated with your existing operations management and billing systems.
Packet Power has been designed and built from the ground up to provide billing-quality power consumption information at the lowest possible level of granularity. The patent-pending system for the first time provides this level of power cost visibility with practically zero configuration. Most importantly, it does not disrupt any power distribution infrastructure and does not require any I/T infrastructure.
The key design criteria parameters serve as a basis to monitor and properly manage the data center. Proper Energy Monitoring provides clear return-on-investment as an integral component of the eleven-step computer room design and management process.
|Real-time visibility and accountability of power usage||Reduces overall power consumption; Accurately charge for power consumption by customer, application area, etc.; Accurately identify power requirements for various components; Provide easy approach to analyze data center consolidations.|
|Billing quality power monitoring hardware built into standard equipment power cables||Highly accurate; Easy to deploy.|
|Per device monitoring.||Accurately charge for power consumption by customer, application area, etc.; Easily quantify the savings achieved from energy reduction efforts such as server decommissioning, virtualization, upgrading to energy-efficient devices, and storage consolidation.|
|Wireless connectivity across thousands of devices||Easy to deploy.|
|No IT infrastructure required||Low capital investment; Easy to deploy.|
- Packet Power Retrofit Solutions: Smart Power Cables
- Watch Video: Packet Power Power Management Policies
To learn more about PTS Data Center Solutions available to support your Data Center Power Management and Monitoring needs, contact us or visit:
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Commissioning
- Network Operating Center (NOC) Design Services
- Data Center Design – KVM & Serial / Remote Access Systems Design
- Data Center Monitoring & Control
- Data Center Maintenance (DCMMS)
- Managed Services – Outsourced IT & Facility Solutions