Motivair offers a wide range of packaged air cooled chillers for virtually every data center, computer room, sever room, or mission critical application: energy-saving free cooled, air cooled, water cooled heat recovery chillers. All Motivair air cooled chillers feature optional integrated tanks, pumps and controls with remote interface via LON, Bacnet or Modbus. Motivair air cooled chillers can be customized to suit specific customer requirements.
Free Cooling Chillers
Air cooled chillers with integrated Free Cooling System.
Chiller standard features include:
- Integrated Free Cooling system and coil with VFD fan speed control and Motivair Free Cooling software package. The Integrated Free Cooling system offers unmatched efficiencies using cold ambient air to pre-cool or completely cool the process load.
- Single or Dual circulation pump(s) with TEFC motor and automatic pump rotation and change over
- Reliable start-up and operation during low ambient conditions
- Ideal for Process Cooling, IT Room/Data Center Cooling, MRI Cooling, CAT scan Cooling, Linear Accelerator Cooling, Surgery Suite Cooling & HVAC Cooling
Motivair MPC-FC Free Cooling Chillers: 1/2 – 50 Tons features include:
- On board storage tank design for complete system volume holding capacity. Integral storage tank eliminates need for system tanks and allows the chiller to cycle off refrigeration compressors during reduced load operation
- High efficiency Scroll compressors
- Motivair MLC-FC Free Cooling Chillers: 60 – 350 Tons features include:
- Rapid restart of refrigeration system in the event of building power failure. Free Cooling software with logical control sequence minimizes restart time if the chiller was operating at less than 100% load before power failure
- High efficiency Screw compressors with stepped or variable capacity control. Standard R-134A refrigerant with alternatives available upon request
Air Cooled Heat Recovery Chillers
Chiller standard features include:
- Ability to simultaneously provide heating and cooling for a process or building. Chiller heat recovery exchangers are installed in the refrigeration system allowing the reclaim of heat from the system before it is discharged from the chiller
- Standard hot water available during standard chiller operation is 115°F. Hot water is available up to 140°F
- Flexibility in the design allows design engineers or clients to reclaim 20-90% of the heat from the system
- Chiller Heat Recovery System is available in Series or Parallel configuration
- Available Single or Dual chilled water circulation pumps with automatic pump rotation and change over
- Standard R-407C Refrigerant with R-134A as optional
- High efficiency Screw compressors with stepped or variable capacity control
- Ideal for LEED Projects, Education Buildings, Hotels, Hospitals & Process Cooling
Motivair Heat Recovery Chillers are also available in water-cooled formats.
Water Cooled Heat Recovery Chillers
MSC heat recovery chillers are available from 15 to 60 tons cooling capacity with 2 or 4 scroll compressors in 1 or 2 circuits. MHR heat recovery chillers from 75 to 450 tons feature 2 screw compressors in 2 circuits. All evaporators and condensers are shell and tube design for long life and easy maintenance. Noise suppression is available on all models and microprocessor or PLC controls are standard.
Heat Recovery System
Each MSC or MHR chiller can be supplied with a Motivair Heat Recovery System. This system incorporates a heat recovery exchanger piped in series with the standard water-cooled condenser. The Motivair heat recovery system allows the chiller to reclaim heat energy that is typically wasted and rejected via the chiller condenser. The heat recovery system can reclaim up to 90% of the system heat, allowing it to be redirected back into the building or process as a heat source. Standard hot water design is 115°F with optional hot water temperatures up to 140°F.
Dedicated Heat Recovery System
The MSC or MHR chillers range can also be applied as dedicated heat recovery systems. With this option, the primary goal of the chiller is to use the hot water leaving the condenser as a primary heating source while using the chilled water leaving the evaporator as a secondary chiller function. Heat Recovery exchangers as described above are no longer necessary as the standard chiller condensers are used for heating. Standard hot water temperatures can range from 115°F-140°F based on system design.
15-60 Ton Capacity Options
60-450 Ton Capacity Options
- Download Motivair Industrial Cooling Systems Brochure
- Download Motivair Air-Cooled Chillers Brochure 60 – 350 Tons
- Download Motivair Air-Cooled Chillers Brochure ½ – 100 Tons
- Download Motivair Water Cooled Scroll Chiller Brochure
- Download Motivair Simultaneous Heat Recovery Chillers Brochure
To learn more about PTS consulting services to support Air Conditioning Equipment & Systems deployments and support, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Services
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services
- Raised Floor Cooling Analysis
- The Challenges of Data Center Cooling
- Help With High Density Cooling