Liebert CRV Row-Based Cooling Solutions are self-contained precision cooling systems that install within a row of data center racks—close to the server heat source—for the most efficient cooling of critical IT equipment.
The rack-sized Liebert CRV provides high capacity cooling in a small footprint and features the Liebert iCOM Control System that modulates unit performance in real-time, based on conditions in the row. Monitoring up to 10 racks with 20 sensors, the Liebert CRV precisely controls air temperature, humidity and filtration in the surrounding racks.
- Variable EC Fans regulate airflow and reduce the fan input power; resulting in up to 50% less power used by the fans compared to traditional perimeter cooling.
- High Performance Air Filters are easily accessed through the back of the unit.
- Digital Scroll Compressor enables the variable cooling capacity to precisely match changing cooling demand without cycling on and off, reducing energy consumption and extending compressor life.
- Liebert iCOM® Control presents up to 11 temperature measurements and unit performance in an easy to understand graphical summary.
- 2T Rack Sensors provide two temperature readings per rack to ensure the proper amount of cold air is provided to eliminate hot spots.
- Adjustable Baffles direct airflow right, left or both directions, allowing you to easily change the airflow distribution as your cooling needs change.
- Blue-tinted hydrophilic cooling coil disburses water quickly, preventing carryover of water into the cold aisle.
- R-410A Refrigerant is environmentally friendly and meets the latest government standards.
- Liebert IntelliSlot™ Communication Cards can be accessed without entering the high voltage panel and allow the system to communicate with remote infrastructure management systems.
Liebert iCOM Controls: Optimized Performance, Reliability, and Efficiency
The Liebert iCOM control system provides advanced control and monitoring capabilities to Liebert CRV units, allowing up to 32 cooling units to work together as a single system to optimize room performance and improve energy efficiency. Liebert iCOM controls offer a variety of advantages, including icon-based navigation, adjustable control algorithms, and data center monitoring capabilities.
- Advanced control algorithms allow the airflow and cooling to be modulated independently, eliminating excessive operations.
- Temperature sensors attached to server racks allow the optimal amount of air and cooling to be provided without any increased risk for hot spots.
- Multiple Liebert CRV units communicate with each other to optimize system performance while reducing noise and airflow, to provide a work-friendly environment.
- Six control modes of operation allow the Liebert CRV to be customized for any application.
- Six selectable status screens allow you to customize how system information is presented.
- Up to 20 rack temperatures may be summarized using bar graphs or a drawing of the data center on the local display, or all data may be reported remotely, providing users with a built-in mini-monitoring system.
- All unit information may be reported remotely through a variety of protocols, including HTTP, SNMP, and RS-485 Modbus.
- Enhances reliability with predictive analysis of components and performance – advance notice allows proactive management of system maintenance.
- Event logs store the last 400 messages to enrich unit history and enhance support.
Service and Spare Parts History
- On-board service history allows prompt access to records for service personnel.
- On-board spare parts list provides convenient identification of the appropriate unit spare parts and part numbers for faster service and support.
Features & Benefits
|Lowest Total Cost of Ownership||
Ideally Suited For:
- Small to medium-sized data centers
- From 2 to 24 racks
- Optimal for cold/hot aisle configurations
- Heat density up to 10 kW/rack without containment
- Rows of racks in hot aisle / cold aisle communicate with each other, allowing them to work together as a team to enhance their performance
- Rack equipment with higher than average density, or a mix of densities
- Spot cooling
- Supporting capacity of existing raised floor cooling units
- Download Liebert Precision Cooling Overview Brochure
- Download Liebert CRV Row-Based Cooling Solution Datasheet
- Download Liebert CRV Row-Based Cooling Solution Brochure
- Download Liebert CRV Row-Based Cooling Solution Installation Operations & Maintenance Manual
To learn more about PTS consulting services to support Air Conditioning Equipment & Systems deployments and support, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Services
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services
- Raised Floor Cooling Analysis
- The Challenges of Data Center Cooling
- Help With High Density Cooling