InfraStruxure InRow SC DX Air Cooled Data Center Cooling Solutions are modular direct expansion (DX) air conditioning units. They are one-half the width of a standard enclosure, and can be placed in a data-center row. They provide full management capabilities over a network using Telnet, Secure Shell (SSH), HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Secure Copy (SCP), Modbus and SNMP. The InRow SC provides the following features:
- Active response controls: Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.
- Easy to install: Innovative design allows for fast, easy installation by almost anybody.
- Fault-tolerant fan system: In the event of a fan failure, the remaining fan(s) will continue to operate.
- Horizontal airflow pattern: Removes heat close to the source of generation in the hot aisle and distributes cold air to the front of the racks in the cold aisle.
- Scalable Architecture: Cascade multiple KVM switches for a modular solution that supports multiple platforms, improving flexibility and simplifying future expansion. Please see the user’s manual for specific cascading capabilities.
- Dry contact output: Provides remote notification of failures when used with APC environmental monitoring unit or system.
- Field replaceable components: Fans and electronics module can be readily replaced without uninstalling the unit.
Features & Benefits
|Predictable cooling||Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture.|
|Rack Inlet Temperature Control||Reduces the risk of hot spots at the rack level.|
|Active response controls||Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.|
Total Cost of Ownership
|Variable speed fans||Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.|
|In-Row architecture||Captures hot exhaust air directly from the IT equipment, thereby increasing the unit’s sensible cooling capacity over traditional cooling architectures.|
|Modular design||Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.|
|Scalable densities||Allows for higher cooling to be achieved by integrating the Hot Aisle Containment System with row-based architecture.|
|Easy service access||Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced / maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.|
|Microprocessor controller||Utilizes intelligent, active response control, and real-time monitoring. The system is controlled by a microprocessor providing high level control functionality and human interface via a four line, eighty character, alphanumeric display.|
|Building Management System Integration||Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.|
|Real-Time Capacity Monitoring||Real-time display of current and available cooling.|
To learn more about PTS Data Center Solutions available to support your Data Center Management and Monitoring needs, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services