InfraStruxure InRow RD DX Air Cooled Data Center Cooling Solutions are modular direct expansion (DX) air conditioning units.
The row-based solution improves energy efficiency and cooling ability in a number of ways. First, the InRow RD draws air directly from the hot aisle, allowing the InRow RD to take advantage of higher heat transfer efficiency due to higher temperature differences. It can then discharge room-temperature air directly in front of the servers it is cooling. Placing the cooling unit in the row enables the unit to operate at higher return and supply air temperature, yielding 100% sensible capacity. This significantly reduces the need for humidification.
- Head pressure control: Modulates refrigerant head pressure to protect from coil freeze.
- Hot swappable fans: Allows system to remain operational if a fan replacement is required.
- Washable filters: Easy to maintain, cleanable, deep loading mesh filter removes particles from the return air stream.
- Containment system compatible: The unit can be combined with a Rack or Hot Aisle Containment System to eliminate hot air mixing and maximize cooling efficiency
Features & Benefits
|Predictable cooling||Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture.|
|Rack Inlet Temperature Control||Reduces the risk of hot spots at the rack level.|
|Active response controls||Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.|
|Total Cost of Ownership|
|Variable speed fans||Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.|
|In-Row architecture||Captures hot exhaust air directly from the IT equipment, thereby increasing the unit’s sensible cooling capacity over traditional cooling architectures.|
|Modular design||Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.|
|Scalable densities||Allows for higher cooling to be achieved by integrating the Hot Aisle Containment System with row-based architecture.|
|Easy service access||Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced / maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.|
|Microprocessor controller||Utilizes intelligent, active response control, and real-time monitoring. The system is controlled by a microprocessor providing high level control functionality and human interface via a four line, eighty character, alphanumeric display.|
|Building Management System Integration||Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.|
|Real-Time Capacity Monitoring||Real-time display of current and available cooling.|
To learn more about PTS Data Center Solutions available to support your Data Center Management and Monitoring needs, contact us or visit:
- PTS Data Center Planning & Pre-Design
- Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Data Center Design Commissioning
- Data Center Support Infrastructure Equipment Services